Tenmat's Tried, Tested and Trusted FF102/50 Intumescent Strips
What is the FF102/50?
The FF102/50 is an Open State Cavity Barrier, made from a unique formulation of intumescent material, that forms a key part of Tenmat’s, tried tested and trusted passive fire protection products.
The FF102/50 is designed to provide fire resisting performance to external wall cavities that are required to be ventilated during non-fire conditions.
In normal conditions, the FF102/50 at only 6mm thick, allows ventilation in cavities to be maintained. However, in the event of a fire the FF102/50 intumescent material will expand to close the external wall cavity, limiting vertical fire spread, for integrity and insulation for up to 120 minutes depending upon the construction of the external walls.
The Applications of FF102/50:
The FF102/50 has many applications and can be found behind many different external outer façade types. One such example is where FF102/50 is used in secondary cladding systems where fibre cement cladding/weather board is used by Housebuilders. This is due to the increasing popularity of systems such as Hardie Plank or Cedral Click systems
The FF102/50 has many other applications and can also be found behind many different external outer façade types such as:
- Brick / Masonry
- Timber Frame / Timber Cladding
- James Hardie HardiePlank / Cedral fibre cement board
- Rain screen
- External (Drained) render systems
The Benefits of FF102/50
The reason behind FF102/50’s enduring success and popularity lies in the host of benefits that it provides:
- Low Smoke and Zero Halogen due to the fact that it is not polymer based.
- 3rd Party Certification
- Wide range of fire tested applications
- Up to 60-year working Life Expectancy
- Lightweight – Designed to be quickly and easily installed
- Can be used with many types of cladding
- No Maintenance required – offering a ‘fit and forget’ solution