08 Mar 2022
BWF Fire Door Installation Awareness Course
The course is theory-based and will be delivered using a blend of learning techniques, focussed on a course presentation in the form of a PowerPoint and the use of group interactive tasks and discussion.
The course content includes:
- The role of timber fire door assemblies and door sets and why it is important that they are installed correctly.
- Understanding how fire door assemblies and door sets work and their place in the wider passive fire protection system.
- Legislation and guidance associated with fire door assemblies and door sets.
- Considerations before installing fire door assemblies and door sets.
- Considerations when installing fire door assemblies and door sets.
- Considerations on completion of the installation of fire door assemblies and door sets.
As the course is designed to provide awareness to the delegates, the final assessment is not an examination paper. The assessment is designed to allow the tutor to gauge the level of understanding attained by the delegates. Each delegate must complete the multiple-choice assessment to ensure that each delegate has understood full coverage of the course.
- Passive Fire Prevention
- Training Provider